19 October 2009

finding peace

Today I received a comment from someone full of sadness & regret about her own three cesarean births in regards to a prior post from last January on VBA3C (vaginal birth after 3 cesareans) -

Here was my response:

Dear Anonymous,
I wish your story was uncommon, but it is not, as I'm sure you know.
I don't want to be dismissive (at all), but I do hope you can look back on your births (- yes, I said births... you had unwanted c-sections but you also gave birth to wanted babies -) and can find the victories too. The questions you asked, the thought of what you would prefer even if no one was able to help you make that happen...
I really encourage every woman who feels any sort of trauma or sadness from her births to find someone to listen and help you frame your stories to find the power. Pam England from Birthing From Within & author/doula Penny Simkin are two names to consider for potential phone consults. And the fine folks at ICAN & VBAC.com...
I wish you peace. Please feel free to be in touch if more info is needed.

Kim/DoulaMomma

No comments: