24 March 2010

a perfect storm - two babies born

It NEVER happens - except when it does. It seems like it's about every 3 or 4 years or so that two clients are in labor at once...I'm pretty sure it takes years off my life when I go through this. Luckily, my amazing friend & colleague, Gayle, had my back (and my client's, literally!)

so,
Two Babies, in Two States, in One Day!
(and not even one missed night of sleep - go figure!)

Early this morning I headed into NYC and by the afternoon, I got to witness the birth of Eliza May...a beauty, 6lb 3oz and "sunny side up"! This was extra special because I was at the birth of her big brother just 16 months ago...and the proud papa is a friend from high school. Congrats to L & W, blessings on your healthy babies - here's to two under two!

and then I raced back to NJ at the start of rush hour (fortunately the traffic gods were with me!) and joined my lovely clients at an already-in-progress labor...so we were then parents, two doulas, a midwife and a nurse. But wow - this daddy did such a super job that it was a pleasure to watch...not to mention the momma, who was amazing too! Welcome, Eliot Cooper, 6lb 8oz & amazingly handsome, who charged into the world with an arm leading the way!

Congrats to all the grandparents who were there to welcome their new grandbabies at both these births!

No comments: