15 November 2011

well that's a new one...

Last night, as my much-delayed plane landed, I checked messages and there were several...a client's labor had started a bit early, but she did not need the waiting backup yet and knew I was en route. Then another, just before my plane landed: her water broke and they were on their way to the hospital...eek! Although I'd been mad that my flight was rerouted to NYC instead of NJ, it ended up being great - I went straight from the airport to the hospital in the city. No birth bag and wearing cowboy boots, but it didn't matter. I did have my iPad and was able to supply the music they had left in their rush to get to the hospital, as well as waters and such.
Just goes to show, it's not about the stuff or the toys - just being present with an open heart is often what's best. (minus the boots, maybe)

No comments: