06 March 2011

not winning

Parents don't have to try to be perfect, but they do have to try to be better for the sake of their children. Yes, I'm afraid I'm talking Charlie Sheen but also anyone who is a parent and having a hard time. Dude - your kids are going to see all this. For the love of them, get help privately and stop using talk shows as your own personal confessional.

As for the rest of us, mental illness is not funny to watch...I get that it's hard to look away from the train wreck, but that's what I have been doing for the most part on this whole thing...it's just disturbing and there are worthier topics that should be dominating the news and captivating our country...
like Wisconsin. Or Georgia.

And I'm not being holier-than-thou...I watch plenty of bad TV. But I don't wish to contribute life energy to watching a man implode on camera, preserving it forever for his children to watch for the rest of their lives. Sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well put. Thanks for the reminder to look away.
Caitlin