22 June 2008

Hello, My Name Is





I guess we're still at the name tag stage. I'm Kim. As my profile says, I'm a:
wife, mother to three boys, friend, family medic/homeopath/zoo keeper/photographer.
I'm a former attorney, and for the last seven years, birth doula, childbirth educator, belly cast maker, placenta printer and birth advocate. www.doulamomma.com/

And I write a column in magazine called The MotherHood. www.themotherhoodmagazine.com/

My kids are 10, 7 & 4 & boy are they busy. So this seems like the perfect opportunity to neglect them a bit more & bond with my laptop. (hey now- just kidding)

I've never been very consistent at keeping a diary or journal and when I have done so, it's been written as though others would read it (in spite of efforts to do otherwise), so I might as well put this out here. (warning - I'm a really bad speller. I promise to use spell check - but as we know, if it's a real word, it won't be picked up).

Feels a little like a midlife crisis - 42 with a blog, facebook page, a cell built for texting, tattoo & pierced nose. oy. But I think it's also just how we communicate now, so I'm going to go with it. (If I were a guy, I can promise I wouldn't have hair plugs & a corvette - I swear!)

No comments: