02 September 2008

back in the saddle again


"Just do it"...sometimes that's good advice & really the only way.
After a couple of months hiatus (for a groin muscle pull that lead to inertia), I dragged myself back to the gym today. Back to spin class. I don't mind saying, I was a little nervous. I have been telling myself that I should start smaller - treadmill etc. to work back up to spin. But you know what? I wasn't doing it. And really, what's the worst that can happen - that I go a little slower or have a sore bottom? Well, that's a given, no matter when I start back.
So I did it & I feel great. And I love my cool spin shoes & silly padded-butt shorts.
Sometimes the things we are fearing and dreading are not the real problem - it's the fear and dread themselves.
I plan to be more committed to regular, real exercise...but if I fall off the wagon (or saddle) again, I know I can really just choose to hop back on a bit down the road.

4 comments:

carriex3 said...

good girl, i am proud of you:)

DoulaMomma said...

thanks, lovey

Wendy said...

How funny that we both are motived to go get back in the saddle on the same day. I have heard that spinning is fun and addictive. You go girl!

DoulaMomma said...

you know you're into spinning when you hear a great song & figure out where it would fir into a spin class! Way to go, you, too!