07 September 2008

you wanna cut me WHERE?!


Yesterday I had a prenatal visit with a client who will soon be having her second baby. One of her biggest concerns, really huge for her, is avoiding a repeat episiotomy. We talked a lot about trying to soften the scar tissue, talking about her concerns with her (different!) care provider, using warm compresses, maybe trying to breath the baby out, and how we will remind her care provider about her wishes as she is pushing.

When I came home, I happened to come across this:
one woman's episiotomy story... A Vagina's Lament
For more from blogger Rebecca Woolf, check out Girls Gone Child, or her book, Rockabye: From Wild to Child

2 comments:

GIRL'S GONE CHILD said...

Thanks for the links, lady! And good luck to your client!

DoulaMomma said...

My pleasure - love your site. And thanks for the good wishes.