25 October 2008

is it just me?

Or does it seem completely inappropriate to show an almost 3 minute National Guard/Kid Rock/Dale Earnhardt, Jr. music video/ad (aggrandising being a soldier) to a captive audience at a PG movie that kids could go to (even though the movie should have been R in my opinion)? Especially when said movie is about a drug experiment gone awry, causing soldiers to become crazy-aggressive but invincible or go nuts?

The song, by the way, is called Warrior...here's the video. You can watch it over and over online while you "contact a recruiter" or give your personal information so that you can "talk to a warrior".

I complained to the kid manager & got the head manager's contact info. I'll also be complaining to Clearview Cinema. So what do you think - am I overreacting?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Um. That is straight-up propaganda. Certainly unsuitable for kids, and possibly for the rest of us!

DoulaMomma said...

THANK you!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem inappropriate... it IS inappropriate. Plus it just makes me mad thinking about how much MONEY goes into producing one of those fantastic advertisements. Shudder.

DoulaMomma said...

feel free to email me if anyone wants the contact info for the theaters!