05 November 2008

doulas on TODAY show

The Today Show on NBC will feature doulas/DONA International
8:06 am EST Thursday,November 6th

Change your schedule, set your alarm and program your TiVo to record a segment about birth doulas that will be aired on NBC's Today Show on Thursday, November 6, 2008 early in the 8:00 am EST hour.

A mother who recently gave birth with the assistance of a DONA certified birth doula will be interviewed. Dr. Nancy Snyderman, NBC News Chief Medical Editor, will present this segment. An expanded companion article about doulas and DONA International will be available on the Today Show web site. The article should be available on Thursday, but it might be necessary to type "doula" in the search engine if it is not the top news that day.
This segment will air barring breaking news that takes precedence.

5 comments:

Nanda Mama said...

Dang it, I missed it. I can probably find it online. I hope Dr. Snyderman was kind and informed. I often find her annoying and towing the party line when it comes to birth and pediatrics. She's said some questionable things about co-sleeping, breastfeeding and vaccinations. But these are presently, still, marginal parenting issues, unfortunately.

Big smooches

Anonymous said...

If anyone finds this video online, will you email me?? I can't find it anywhere! JLSchmidt22@yahoo.com

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Please send video to me, as well,
OR
post video URL here in comments.
Thanks
bolidechaser@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27808452/

or try this directly to the video

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27808452/


Not the best clip... not very supportive of Doulas. What a shame.

DoulaMomma said...

I posted it, along with the companion article...check 11/20 & 11/19 on my blog