12 November 2008

I can quit anytime I want...

OK - not to be all about Hollywood folk, but I do think that since our culture is pretty focused on celebrities, it helps to get the word out when they are being positive role models.

According to Mama Knows Breast as quoting the New York Post, actress Rebecca Romaijn is preparing to nurse her twins due in January. Her Ugly Betty co-stars threw her a baby shower and actress Vanessa Williams gave lessons on the double football hold.

Another well-known, happy nursing momma is Salma Hayak. In a Huffington Post story (covering The Times story) she talked about nursing her 14 month old daughter, and though she found nursing hard at first, now:
"I'm like an alcoholic," she shrugs. "It's like, I don't care if I cry, I don't care if I'm fat, I'm just gonna do it for one more week, one more month, and then, when I see how much good it is doing her, I can't stop. (It's) a very powerful thing you know."

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

yep, know it, have lived it, loved it!!!!!!!!!
C

Laura Griffin said...

I felt the same way. Both my kids weaned me at about 14 months. They were done. Waaahhh.

Sarah said...

Fantastic! It's so true.