29 November 2008

money where my mouth is

So I went into the city to run some errands. Horrible traffic at the Holland Tunnel. More than the typical crowds of tourists walking slowly in SoHo, plus a few texting-while-walking folks...but I remembered my promise. I let people cut me in the traffic line, I did not lose my temper with the frustrating sales clerk who also remained calm & nice, I said please & thank you like they were going out of style and tried to imagine what it must be like to be a visitor to NYC for the first time. And you know what? It was great - so stress-free and almost entirely helpful, kind people along the way.
And I found free, legal street parking - ah, the karmic rewards...
oh - AND I went to Jamba Juice, making it a great little jaunt.

3 comments:

carriex3 said...

good girl.........you rock:)

guruburu said...

yummm... jamba juice is so good :)

Unknown said...

You get what you give and ain't it wonderful (specially the parking spot in NYC!)